24 May 2007

So begins my journey...

Today was the first of 11 straight days of traveling for me. Along with a bus full of other international students, I departed at 7 a.m. for Luxembourg (the capital city of the country Luxembourg). If you look on a map, it is the miniscule little country located between Germany and Belgium, just north of France, whose name is so long that it must be printed outside of it's tiny borders. At around 80 degrees the entire day, the weather provided the ideal environment in which to walk around this interesting city. Having woken up so early and ridden in the heat, however, I am a bit tired and still need to pack for my trip tomorrow. Therefore, I will delay writing about my travels until after I return from the rest of my travels. So, expect to hear back from me sometime after June 4th. Tomorrow night at around 11 p.m., I am heading with another large group of international students to northern Germany to visit the cities of Lübeck and Hamburg. Being so far north and lying off of the North Sea, these cities are typically cooler and receive lots of rain. And, looking at the weather report, I believe it's supposed to rain for the entirety of our trip. Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to it. I'll be back sometime Tuesday morning, after which I must pack and prepare for my flight Wednesday morning to Barcelona! So, until I return...

No comments: